What we Believe
Here is a summary of what we believe. We are very happy to chat through any of the beliefs listed here if you have any questions or would like to explore one or more of the issues.
- We believe God exists and that He is a being of unimaginably wonderful power, goodness and love.
- We believe God has expressed Himself uniquely in His Son Jesus, who
lived, taught, died, and rose again for our sakes. He is our master and
Teacher, Savior and Friend.
- We believe the world exists because God created it, that it belongs to
Him and therefore we should cherish and care for it.
- We believe all human beings have dignity, because they were created
by God in His own image, and great worth because they are valued by God beyond our ability to measure.
- We believe this world has pain and suffering because human beings
have, in freedom, made the wrong choices.
- We believe God does not intend for sin and suffering to get the last
word but is at work to redeem and reconcile what He has made.
We believe God has revealed the truth about Himself in the Bible
which is our authoritative guide in faith and action.
- We believe the Spirit of God is available to us and in this way we can
be closer to God than the air we breathe.
- We believe that baptism on confession of faith by immersion in water is an important way for believers to publically commit to their faith.
- We believe that God is equally accessible to all the faithful and that
every Christian has significant potential to serve God.
- We believe the Church is the community through which God wants to
bring love, healing, and growth to the human race to which He invites
everyone, who is willing to follow Jesus, to join.
- We live in hope because one day Jesus will return, love and justice will prevail, and God will set the world right.
- We believe that as followers, we should do our best to model God’s final Kingdom of love, justice and well-being to our contemporary world.